The Northeast-Midwest Institute seeks a spring 2017 intern to assist the President and CEO with development and communications activities.
The Northeast-Midwest Institute is seeking to strengthen and expand existing programmatic work – focused on environmental quality, economic vitality, and regional equity for the 18 states of the northeast and midwest – and also to develop and launch new programmatic directions – including policy areas relating to cities, infrastructure, water quality and waterways, and policy education and outreach. New resources are critical in order to fund the Institute’s work, and a comprehensive development program is being designed and launched to meet these resource needs. The initial focus is on foundation support, including introducing the Institute to the foundation community, identifying parallels with their philanthropic priorities, and developing and submitting proposals for support. Also planned is an effort to approach selected corporate funders. A long-term plan is to develop an individual giving program. The position also will provide support for a strengthened communications program, including the web page.
- Develop foundation and corporate prospect lists related to specific funding priorities.
- Prepare research reports on selected foundation and corporate funders, utilizing publicly available information.
- Write brief concept papers for selected Institute programs and planned programs, engaging colleagues from the Institute in providing information.
- Participate on selected outreach calls, follow-up meetings, and solicitation visits that are in the D.C. area.
- Participate in proposal development and grant report preparation.
- Develop and write communications materials that present the work and impact of the Institute.
- Engage in other development and communications activities, especially in support of the President and CEO.
- Assist in maintaining and developing the Institute’s web page.
Institute internships are unpaid; academic course credit is available in accordance with university policy.
Submit an introductory cover letter or email accompanied by a resume to Dr. Michael J. Goff, President and CEO, Northeast-Midwest Institute, at email@example.com.