|Brownfields Incentives and Financing|
The Institute has been particularly active in documenting best practices in the area of federal, state, and local brownfields incentives. Northeast and Midwest states generally have a strong interest in brownfields incentives because of the prevalence of abandoned manufacturing plants and the need to re-position those vacated sites to accommodate productive new uses. The Institute also provides an advisory role to states and localities that are actively reviewing their brownfields incentives (see: Case Study of State Incentives for the State of Iowa.)
Federal Brownfields Incentive Programs
State Brownfields Incentive Programs
Local Brownfields Incentives and Tax Increment Financing
Tax Increment Financing Series
Links to state programs that facilitate TIF for brownfields redevelopment:
Links to mega-brownfields projects financed with TIF:
- EPA Brownfields Funding
- HUD Brownfields Economic Development Initiative Program
- Brownfields Tax Expensing Program
- Using Economic Development Administration (EDA) Funds on Brownfields Sites
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – Brownfields and Portfields Initiative
- U.S. EPA USTfields Initiative
Links for state programs
- EPA's Link to State Brownfields Program
- State Brownfields and Voluntary Response Programs Report, U.S. EPA, 2006
- State Underground Storage Tank (UST), Leaking Underground Storage Tank (LUST), and Financial Assurance Programs
- 11/16/13 Toward Sustainable Water Information Blue Ribbon Project Steering Committee Update, ...
- 11/15/13 Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Audit Now Available, ...
- 11/14/13 NEMWI Signs Global Test Net Memorandum of Agreement on Behalf of Great Ships Initiative, ...
- 11/14/13 NEMWI's Great Lakes Hill Happenings: October 2013 Edition Now Available, ...