|Mississippi River Basin Program|
Launched in 1995, the Mississippi River Basin Program (MRBP) promotes policies advancing restoration of the Basin by informing and coordinating with policy-makers and other Basin stakeholders in Washington and the region. The MRBP supports the bipartisan Upper Mississippi River Basin Task Force, founded in 1997, by organizing educational briefings, formulating joint responses to emergencies, coordinating legislative efforts, tracking legislation and appropriations, and promoting initiatives.
The MRBP works with Executive agencies, regional and local stakeholders, and interest groups to identify and analyze issues of concern, coordinate discussions, and advise initiatives. The MRBP has become a uniquely trusted repository and clearinghouse for information, sound advice, and policy research and analysis within the region.
- The McKnight Foundation
- Upper Mississippi River Basin Association
- Upper Mississippi River Conservation Coalition
- Upper Mississippi River - Environmental Management Program
- Upper Mississippi River - Navigation and Ecosystem Sustainability Program
- 11/16/13 Toward Sustainable Water Information Blue Ribbon Project Steering Committee Update, ...
- 11/15/13 Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Audit Now Available, ...
- 11/14/13 NEMWI Signs Global Test Net Memorandum of Agreement on Behalf of Great Ships Initiative, ...
- 11/14/13 NEMWI's Great Lakes Hill Happenings: October 2013 Edition Now Available, ...